Do you know why it pays to invest in fire proofing for your properties? Aside from lowering your insurance liabilities, you’ll enjoy greater peace of mind knowing that should the unthinkable happen and a fire break out at your property, the flames won’t spread as badly as it otherwise would. This is just one of the many reasons why it makes sense to invest in state of the art fire proofing solutions.
At Bloc Contractors, we’ve been providing reliable and accessible fire proofing solutions for more than 12 years. We remain at the top of our industry, and continue to work hard to raise the standards of excellence in our industry even further. If you still need some convincing as to the merits of fire proofing your buildings, take the following interesting fire proofing facts into account.
- Fire proofing is made of cement-like or fibrous materials, or a combination of both. Commonly used materials include slag wool, gypsum and vermiculite.
- The fire-resistive ratings of various constructions and materials are established by laboratory testing, and are normally specified in terms of hours an assembly or material can be expected to withstand exposure to fire.
- Construction building codes require the application of insulation or cementitious material to fire-resistant construction around exits.
- When you carry out fire proofing of your property, the liability on the property will be drastically reduced.
- Fire proofing provides buildings with reliable thermal protection.
- There are different forms of fire proofing, with the coating form is a popular method throughout South Africa.
Partner with Bloc Contractors for Expert Fire Proofing Solutions
We are proud to be accredited installers of HILTI Firestop Products. Since our inception in 2002, we’ve grown to become leaders in the civil and building contracting sector. Even though we are based in Durban, we have grown to build a nationwide reputation for excellence in structural and concrete repair solutions. Contact us to learn more about our products and services, and to find out how our solutions can help keep your buildings safer.